3 cups flour
4 pounds apples (peeled & grated on rough grater)
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
1 cup white (golden) raisins
1. Grate apples.
2. Mix apples with all filling ingredients and set aside.
3. Mix the cake dough. Divide the dough in two.
4. Grease and flour 9" x 13" pan.
5. Roll out 1/2 of dough (not too thin) and put in bottom of pan and up sides.
6. Put the filling in.
7. Roll out other 1/2 of dough and cut in strips (not too thin). Make a lattice pattern with strips and lay on top of filling.
8. Take an extra egg and beat or cream. Brush egg on top of dough.
9. Bake at 350 F for one hour, or until done.