2 pounds chuck or blade roast
1 cup barley
1 cup butter beans - dried
1/2 cup kidney beans - dried
1/2 cup pinto beans - dried
3 stalks celery
3 large carrots
2 medium onions salt and pepper garlic and parsley
1. Wash the meat.
2. Wash the next 4 ingredients thoroughly until water is clear.
3. Clean and peel carrots and celery.
4. Cut carrots and celery stalks in half.
5. Cut up onions in small pieces.
6. Put the barley and all beans in slow cooker. Add the carrots and onions, then the meat, celery and finally the parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
7. Cover with water, approximately 4" above the top of the meat. Cook on high until boiling, then turn to low and cook for 18-24 hours.