(for Hanukkah or any time of year)
4 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons matzoh meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons oil for frying
1. Peel the potatoes. Cut them into small chunks and run through the food processor until finely grated.
2. Put potatoes in a medium size mixing bowl.
3. Add 2 beaten eggs, onion powder, salt, pepper, matzoh meal and oil.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and drop the potato mixture into it by the tablespoon.
5. Fry until browned on both sides.
6. Drain on paper toweling.
7. Keep potatoes in warm over until all are fried.
8. Add more oil as needed.
9. Serve latkes with sour cream and/or apple sauce. Serves: 4 - 6.