(STONE) CHICKEN SOUP
1 clean stone
2 stalks celery
3 1/2 pound chicken
1 bunch celery tops
4 - 6 carrots
1 bunch fresh dill
1 bunch parsley leaves
1 parsley root
salt to taste
1 leek string for bouquet
1. Take out the insides of the chicken. Wash, and salt all with Kosher salt. Set on paper towel while preparing vegetables.
2. Wash and peel carrots, parsnip and parsley root. Cut in half. Save the parsley leaves for a bouquet.
3. Wash the leek thoroughly, peeling back the layers. Cut in three pieces. Wash a bunch of celery tops and dill.
4. Put stone in a large pot or kettle (may be omitted if you don't like the story of Stone Soup).
5. Add 1 whole chicken plus parts.
6. Add carrots, parsnip, celery and parsley root. Cover with water.
7. Make a bouquet of celery tops, dill and parsley leaves. Tie with string. Add to Pot.
8. Bring to boil on Medium-High heat. Skim as the soup begins to bubble. Reduce heat to Medium.
9. Cook for approx. 1 hour. Salt to tast.