TABOULI (WHEAT GARDEN SALAD)
1 cup Bulgur wheat
1 cup boiling water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, mashed (1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
pinch of oregano
dash of cayenne or white pepper
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
1 2 1/4 oz. can sliced black olives
1. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over Bulgur wheat.
2. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for at least 1/2 hour's.
3. Mix oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic, oregano and pepper well.
4. Mix Bulgur wheat and vegetables.
5. Pour in oil mixture.
6. Stir well. Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving. Yields: 10 1/2 cup servings.