(Italian Jewish Cuisine)
4 pounds small red snapper
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup dark, seedless raisins
1/2 cup pinoli (pine nuts)
1. Wash fish thoroughly and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Lightly sprinkle all over with salt and arrange in an oiled baking dish in a single layer.
3. Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar and pour over the fish. Pour in the oil, then sprinkle with pinoli.
4. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and bake in 350 F oven for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Remove foil, add raisins and bake another 1/2 hour or until all liquid is gone and snapper is golden. Yields: 6 servings